Sydney Marathon Runkeeper Challenge 2023 Terms and Conditions
|Sydney Marathon Runkeeper Challenge 2023
|Australia, New Zealand, Japan, United States of America (excluding Rhode Island, Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations), United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, France, Netherlands and Spain
|Sydney Marathon 2023 intended to occur on 17 September 2023. More details can be found on the Event website address here: https://sydneymarathon.com
|Start: 15 June 2023 12:01 AM (AEDT / AEST)
End: 13 July 2023 7.59 PM (AEDT / AEST)
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
|ASICS Oceania Pty Ltd
ABN: 59 003 091 389
6 Darling Street
Marsden Park NSW 2765
|Entry to the Promotion is open to residents in all Eligible Countries who fulfill the method of entry requirements and are 18 years of age or otherwise the age of majority in their resident country or state, or older.
|Details of prizes
|There will be 1 prize winner.
2 x entries (1 for winner and 1 for companion) for the Event) – AUD$185 per person for Australian and New Zealand residents, or AUD$220 per person for non-Australian and New Zealand residents
Return economy flights for two people to Sydney from their nearest Capital City – up to the value of AUD$6,120
Accommodation within Sydney – up to the value of $2,000 Travel insurance – up to the value of AUD$1,000
|Total number of prizes
|Total prize value
|Total prize pool (inc GST): AUD$10,000.00
|Method of entry
|To enter, members/users must sign up and complete the Challenge via the ASICS Runkeeper app.
Entry will only be recorded once the challenge is completed.
Entry is free.
ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: If you are located in the United States, you may also enter the Promotion by sending a 3×5 note card in a properly stamped envelope addressed to: ASICS Runner Apps, 125 Summer St., 2nd floor, Boston, MA 02111, which includes your name, e-mail address, telephone number and the subject line Runkeeper Sydney Sweepstakes (“Mail-In Entry[ies]”). Mail-In Entries must be received by 13/07/23 23:59 (EST) to be included within the random drawing. Illegible, late, lost, incomplete, or garbled entries are not eligible. Mail-In Entries will be deemed submitted by the individual whose name is included on the Mail-In Entry.
|Maximum number of entries
|1 entry per person
The entrant can only win one prize in this promotion
|A random prize draw will occur 11:00 AM on 14th July 2023
Location of draw:
ASICS Runner Apps
125 Summer Street, Suite 200
Boston MA 02110
|Notification of winners
|The winner will be notified via Email no later than 21 July 2023.
|Public announcement of winners
|The winner of the prize will be published here: ASICS Australian website by 20th July 2023
|Unclaimed prize draw
|If the winner does not claim the prize by responding to the notification Email and completing the prize eligibility form, a random unclaimed prize draw will occur 3:00 PM on 31st July 2023.
Location of draw:
ASICS Runner Apps
125 Summer Street, Suite 200
Boston MA 02110
|Notification of unclaimed prize winners
|The unclaimed prize winner will be notified via Email no later than 3rd August 2023.
|Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw
|The winner of the unclaimed prize will be published here: ASICS Australian website by 7th August 2023.
|In accordance with local law, ASICS Oceania Pty Ltd has obtained a permit to conduct this promotion in Australia and New Zealand.
Terms & Conditions of entry
- Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions (Terms of entry). The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule defines the terminology used in these Terms of entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of entry.
- Entry is open only to legal residents of the Eligible Countries who satisfy the Method of entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, employees of ASICS offices in general, Onitsuka Tiger (including their staff), ASICS ambassadors and/or Frontrunners in general, agencies involved in the development of this Promotion and other persons involved in the Promotion are ineligible to enter and/or to benefit from this Promotion and its Prize in any way. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin. In order to be eligible to participate in the Promotion and to receive the prize, the participant must fully comply with these general terms and conditions, and by accepting the prize the recipient agrees to be bound by these general terms and conditions and the decisions of ASICS, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects. The same eligibility requirements apply to the chosen travel companion. Companions under the age of 18 must provide an authenticated letter of parental authorisation.
- The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion period.
- The time zone applicable to any time stated relates to the state or territory where the Promoter is located, unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- The Prize/s are specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule.
- The total prize pool is specified in the Total prize value section of the Schedule.
- Any prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- All prize amounts in these Terms of Entry are inclusive of the Australian goods and services tax (GST) unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- Prizes involving travel must be taken to coincide with the dates specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule or as otherwise specified in the conditions of any third party travel provider. If a winner proposes any changes to the confirmed prize details, such changes will be at the expense of the winner(s) and will only be permitted with the prior consent of the Promoter or third party travel provider.
- Unless otherwise stated, any travel prize does not include travel documents, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, transfers, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Any expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of the Prize, and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Compliance with any health passport or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with this will deem the winner’s entry invalid and the entrant will forfeit the prize. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist as part of the travel or at the destination.
- The Promoter will work with the winner/s to arrange adequate travel insurance cover in the name of the winner/s, and will contribute to the amount payable for travel insurance up to the value specified in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule. Selection of the travel insurance plan will be at the reasonable discretion of the winner/s. Compliance with travel insurance policies and requirements will be the responsibility of the winner/s. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not assume any liability in the event that the chosen travel insurance policy does not provide cover in any circumstance.
- The travel Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winner and, if applicable, their companion must travel together on all prize travel. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights, and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- If the winner of the prize has not confirmed their availability to take the prize on the specified dates by the specified time and date, the prize winner’s entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a further draw to award the prize, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.
- Neither the Promoter nor any company or agency associated with the Event accepts responsibility for the cancellation or delay of the Event for any reason beyond their control or any inability of the winner to attend the Event when scheduled.
- If any part of the Event is abandoned, varied, called off or postponed for any reason, the winner and, if applicable, their companion(s), at the Promoter’s discretion, forfeits all rights to attend the Event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that element of the prize. No transfer, refund or replacement of the prize is permitted.
- Entrants agree to comply with any conditions which accompany the Event.
- Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. All taxes or fees on the Prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner, (if winner is a US resident, then winner will receive a form 1099 reflecting the actual value of the Prize received, if applicable). Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the Promotion and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the Promotion.
- The entrants must follow the Method of entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter for any reason. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entrant(s) selected by chance after a draw with random selection in accordance with the Prize draw details. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (and record them in order). In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If the prize can’t be awarded to the entrant drawn, the promoter will then continue this process until the prize is awarded.
- The winner does not need to be present at the draw unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of winners and Notification of unclaimed prize winners (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. Notification to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notification from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notification will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The winner(s) name and state/territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Public announcement of winners section of the Schedule (if applicable). The winner and its companion, if applicable, must be able to provide proof of identity and of legal residence in the participating country upon acceptance of the prize.
- If the prize(s) has not been claimed by the Unclaimed prize draw time and date as communicated to the winner(s) and subject to any written directions from a State lottery agency, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed prize draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Notification of unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule, and if applicable, the name and State/Territory of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw. If a prize is no longer available the promoter may substitute with a prize of higher or equal value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the prize.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (‘Warranties’) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an entrant under any law which implies a Warranty or consumer guarantee into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity. The winner and companion, if applicable, assume any and all risks associated to participation and redemption of the prize.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any delay, damage, or loss in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any entrants, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms of entry or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms of entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to the Promoter, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, the Promoter may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
- The Promotion and these Terms of entry will be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, being the State or Territory in which the Promoter ordinarily resides. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Snapchat; and to release Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or Snapchat.
- Any claims or complaints regarding this Promotion should be communicated via email to AOP.CustomerService-Ecom@asics.com. Please clearly state your personal details (name and surname) and contact details, the name of the promotional campaign and the subject of the complaint. ASICS Compliance Department will contact you.