We believe that movement helps, no matter how far or fast. Your effort, heart, and strength are what inspire us. Your dedication to running, trying new things, and pushing boundaries make us work toward creating an app that anyone can enjoy. In return, we kindly ask that you respect each other, regard our guidelines, and be wary of local laws.
We welcome and embrace everyone’s differences—what makes you unique and part of the Runkeeper community. We do not discriminate against different faiths, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, or any other characteristic. We are respectful of others, both on and off the Runkeeper app.
We’re mindful of our words.
The Runkeeper app gives runners the opportunity to connect with, encourage, and support each other through the app, on social media, and at races. If you feel that someone is posting offensive content or engaging in online or offline harassment, please report it to our support team at email@example.com. When you reach out to the support team, there’s a human on the other end trying to help, please treat them with the same dignity and respect you expect in return.
Take care of yourself.
If your body is telling you something, listen to it. Rest, recover, stretch. We’re not doctors but we know taking a break to avoid injury beats taking a break because you’re injured.
You’re in control of what you share.
Your privacy is important to us and so that’s why you’re in charge of your privacy settings—who activities are shown to and who maps are viewable by. You can even change it for each activity before saving the activity.
- Step 1: Go to the Runkeeper app and tap on Me in the bottle left corner.
- Step 2: Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner.
- Step 3: Scroll down and select Privacy
- Step 4: Tap on Activities Show To and choose who you want to see your activities and tap Maps Viewable By to choose who can view your maps
- Step 1: Go to the Runkeeper app and tap on the three lines at the top left corner.
- Step 2: Tap on Settings.
- Step 3: Scroll down and select Privacy under Manage Privacy.
- Step 4: Tap on Who can view your activities and select one of three options that pop up and tap on Done. Tap on Who can view your maps and pick one of the three options that show up and tap on Done.
We’re mindful of where we move.
We treat our running environment with respect and care for all who enjoy it. Whether on the road or on a trail, we stay in designated lanes and on designated paths. We follow the laws and posted rules. We don’t litter. We don’t trespass. We appreciate and take care of our running environment.
We are honest.
We are proud of every run we take, and we celebrate every accomplishment (including the act of getting out the door and carving out time for ourselves). An accurate reflection of your performance is critical to improvement but we know GPS technology isn’t always flawless. If you see something wrong with your map or time, let us know and we’ll try to get to the bottom of it. We encourage you to embrace every step of your journey, even the ones you would rather shave a few seconds off.