Making the world healthier,
one workout at a time.
Runkeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your runs, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile!
Do you want in?Check out current openings
We don't have ping-pong, foosball, slides or on-site physicians. We also don't have much bureaucracy, red tape or busy work. We're driven by our mission of making the world a healthier place, and we'll give you flexibility, freedom, autonomy, and ownership of your role. That's all in addition to our ever-growing benefits package.
And don't worry, we have plenty of fun in the process, between our impromptu stretching sessions, regular company- and team-wide fun outings, and general office awesomeness.Check out current openings
Our company is filled with people whose lives have been transformed by running, and fitness in general. Our mission is to build a platform that motivates more people to get and stay out there experiencing the magic of this incredible sport.
Below are a list of values that we use to drive everything we do at Runkeeper:
Building Runkeeper is not just a job for us; it's a mission that's rooted in a deep-seated passion for fitness and helping more people lead active lives.
We strive to exceed expectations in everything we do, whether it be the products we build, the business results we achieve, or the way we treat people along the way.
We're building Runkeeper to help everyone experience the magic of fitness, not just the world-class athletes.
No matter how much success we achieve along the way, it is important that we stay humble and remember where we've come from.
We're much more interested in working together to achieve the unimaginable than we are in telling you all of the reasons why it can't be done.
We know you stand a much higher chance of success if you work together, so we're huge proponents of checking ego at the door and embracing collaboration and trust.
We know the smartest, most learned people are also the ones that know just how much they have left to learn. Our company is filled with people who are constantly striving to learn more and better themselves.
Revenue and profit are the oxygen that enable us to exist and pursue our purpose. Every single one of us must play a part in building a profitable and successful business.
Life is too short. We make a point to enjoy the journey and not take ourselves (or anyone else) too seriously.
Runkeeper works to make physical fitness accessible to everyone via an awesome mobile fitness app. Our creative, fun-loving team is looking for an additional DevOps Engineer, and we encourage you to apply!
In a field that celebrates rockstars and firefighters, we’re looking for someone who wants to join a collaborative, informal, fast-moving technical team. The Systems team reports directly to the CTO, and consists of a team lead and four engineers. While there’s a lot of skill overlap among the team’s engineers, this position focuses on infrastructure. The two DevOps Engineers design and implement robust and scalable data and applications platforms, striving to anticipate other teams' needs. The Systems team uses a lightweight Agile process to keep our workflow under control; daily stand-ups keep us in sync. We work closely with the Data team (analytics, modeling, forecasting), and also with Runkeeper’s Product Management teams to solve each day’s problems while attempting to maintain a ratio of to that is greater than 1.
Runkeeper is invested in the health and well-being of our employees as well as our users. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flex time, fitness reimbursement, a pet-friendly office space, and more!
This is a salaried, full-time position.
As DevOps Engineer, your role would include the following:
- building new infrastructure and improving existing infrastructure to support the company’s goals
- integrating existing software and developing new software as required
- selecting and implementing appropriate solutions from a wide spectrum of technologies
- scaling service offerings in response to demand while keeping operational costs under controlâ¨
- creating and enhancing the build and deployment toolchain used by Runkeeper engineers
- safeguarding user data against loss or breach
- maintaining service uptime in a 24x7, geographically distributed production environment
- participating in a weekly on-call rotation
- providing subject matter expertise on diverse technical topics
- developing new skills and expertise
- sharing knowledge, both within the company and in the larger DevOps community
Your Skills and Interests
A successful candidate will possess many of the following:
- a passion for elegant, scalable, programmatically-driven infrastructure
- experience with Linux administration, both in the traditional datacenter and on cloud platforms
- awareness of DevOps methodologies and opinions about applying them in a production environment
- familiarity with some of the following: PostgreSQL, CouchDB, Redis, Apache Tomcat, HAproxy, Pacemaker, Puppet, Jenkins
- comfort working in the AWS ecosystem
- willingness and ability to master and integrate additional technologies
- motivation to be bold and creative in proposing and implementing solutions, and ability to support your opinions with data
- facility with programming in shell and the Perl/Python/Ruby trifecta (Java or other JVM languages are a bonus)
We’d love to hear about how you have approached problems similar to the ones we face, and about your successes and setbacks. We encourage candidates from a variety of backgrounds to apply.
Want to find out why it’s so much fun to work here? Email your resume to Steve Huff to apply. Please include "Runkeeper DevOps Engineer" in the subject line.
Are you a Software Engineer that wants to join a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, self-starters? Do you want to work for a mission driven Boston based mobile startup? At Runkeeper we all share a vision to make the world healthier by turning your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation. You will be working on the development of key functionality and infrastructure across the entire Runkeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration.
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Writing solid, well-documented code, and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Learn fast and not be afraid to tackle new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys taking projects from inception to completion
Interested? Let us know
Do you want to interact with our growing global community of 40 million fitness enthusiasts? Join our Customer Support Team and engage with our users while working side-by-side with internal teams to improve the Runkeeper experience. We are looking for someone who welcomes the challenge of delighting as many users as possible. Oh, by the way, you'll be working for one of Boston's hottest mobile startups with a kickass group of people!
- Communicate with our user base across all channels, such as social media, email, technical writings, etc...
- Contribute to our Help Center and enable our users with the tools they need to succeed
- Work with the QA & Product teams to identify and triage bugs & user pain points
- Assist in making the Support Team and RunKeeper as awesome as possible!
- Tech-savvy problem solver, familiar with mobile/web technologies
- Strong communication skills with thick skin
- Runkeeper user is a big plus
- Overall awesome person who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done!
Interested? Contact Jill Carlson with answers to the following questions, a pitch on why you're a great fit, and your resume.
- Describe a great customer support experience. What do you consider the most important part of this interaction?
- Why do you want to join the RunKeeper team?
- Give step-by-step instructions to someone who has never seen a laptop (either mac or PC) on how to turn it on and open a web browser.
Are you an Android Engineer that wants to join a company working on the cutting edge of Android technology? Do you want to work for a small, successful Boston based mobile startup with 45M users worldwide? RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your activities, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile. We are looking for a Principal Android Engineer to implement key features and functionality in our Android app and across Runkeeper as a whole. You will have an opportunity to provide real technical leadership to the engineering team at large in terms of our Android approach and implementation.
- Develop new functionality in Android and other technologies
- Lead major technical initiatives in the Android platform, including new operating systems, devices, and frameworks
- Serve as an Android expert for the entire engineering organization
- Mentor other team members to foster more company wide Android Knowledge
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, and Design to deliver complete solutions
- 3+ years of Android experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
Interested? Let us know
Runkeeper is looking for a Product Manager to join our team and help us build a world class product that makes running an enjoyable and rewarding routine. You'll be sitting at the intersection of engineering, user experience and marketing, with the power to help our users be successful with their health and fitness goals.
- Lead the product development process for a team of 4 Engineers, 1 UX Designer and 1 UI Designer.
- Work across the Runkeeper teams to help build the Product roadmap and move the product forward in a unified front.
- Develop and prioritize a backlog of stories and enhancements that relentlessly drive towards a product people love, get results from, and share with their friends.
- Work closely with UX & Design to help produce simple and impactful experiences that solve customer problems.
- Define and analyze metrics for released features that measure their success.
- Communicate and evangelize the short term work and long term vision of your team throughout the Runkeeper organization.
- Lead product releases and understand their impact on the Runkeeper business.
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify and build out amazing content and experiences.
Skills & Experience
- 2 - 4 years as a Product Manager; Consumer startup experience is a plus but not required.
- User empathy. Demonstrated ability to deeply understand user pain points.
- Experience with agile development.
- Mobile-centric product experience a plus.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
Email your resume to Chris Bulger to apply. Please include "Runkeeper Product Manager" in the subject line.