What are your plans for the new year? Have you thought about a goal you would like to accomplish? Setting a fitness goal is one way to feel revitalized, start a routine and create sustainable habits as the year kicks off.
New Year’s resolutions are fun, but they can be tricky. If you set the bar too high, you might burn out early and get discouraged. But if you don’t make an effort at all, you might feel worse for holding on to old habits.
The secret? Setting clear, realistic, incremental goals. And the Runkeeper® app can help you do exactly that. We encourage you to think about a month-long goal you want to achieve in January. Your goal might be distance-based (“I want to run 25 miles per week”) or frequency-based (“I want to run three times per week”). You can also aim to finish a race, reach a personal best, or lose weight. There’s something for everyone, no matter your activity (or ambition) level.
Small Steps, Big Goals Sweepstakes
This month, when you set a small, achievable fitness goal in the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, you have a chance to win some serious prizes if you meet it.
What: Set a goal in the Runkeeper™ app and accomplish it!
When: Before January 31, 2021
Why: For a chance to win prizes, like a $500 ASICS™ shopping spree or a head-to-toe ASICS outfit to name a few. (Terms and conditions)
How: Think of a goal you can tackle in one month, create the goal in Runkeeper™, complete the goal.
Runkeeper Team New Year’s Resolutions 2021
We like to lead by example so here’s what the Runkeeper™ Team has set for the first month of the year.
- Beat my fastest mile time by 30 seconds. – Christy, Senior Marketing Manager
- Run 3 half marathons to give myself something to work towards, even if they’re not in-person races! (this one extends beyond January.) – Cara, Product Manager
- Cross-train twice a week during marathon training. – Sakie, Senior Marketing Associate
- Run 3-4x a week consistently. – Whitneigh, Social Media and Content
- Incorporate additional cardio training 3x a week to my typical regiment. – Silvey, Senior Marketing Manager
- Restart running with My First 5K in the Runkeeper app. – Kayoung, Data Scientist
- Meal prep more at home. – Carlo, QA Engineer
- Give myself permission to take more rest days. – Dave, Engineering Manager
- Stop putting off small errands and tasks and just get them over with, continue strength training 4x/week, dwell less on the past and focus on the present. – Cate, Senior Customer Support Specialist
Once you’ve decided on a goal, share it! Share your goal on social media (tag @Runkeeper) and with your friends in the app. Research* shows that goal-setters who share their plan with supportive friends are more likely to stick to it and achieve what they’ve set out to accomplish. So don’t be shy—success begets success. And you might even inspire someone else. Once you accomplish your January goal, there’s no stopping the positive changes 2021 might bring!
*Matthews, G. (2015). Goal Research Summary. Paper presented at the 9th Annual International Conference of the Psychology Research Unit of Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), Athens, Greece.