Making the world healthier,
one workout at a time.
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your runs, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile!
Do you want in?Check out current openings
We don't have ping-pong, foosball, slides or on-site physicians. We also don't have much bureaucracy, red tape or busy work. We're driven by our mission of making the world a healthier place, and we'll give you flexibility, freedom, autonomy, and ownership of your role. That's all in addition to our ever-growing benefits package.
And don't worry, we have plenty of fun in the process, between our impromptu stretching sessions, regular company- and team-wide fun outings, and general office awesomeness.Check out current openings
In one form or another we're all directly or indirectly excited (obsessed even) about health at RunKeeper. With health at the heart of our culture at RunKeeper, there's a lot that can be done to formally extend that into our culture.
We build a product that aims to make the the world a healthier place. We have a unique advantage as a company; many of us are just like our users. We are active runners, cyclists, walkers, hikers, swimmers and even martial artists. We combine these interests with the interest in building a product that helps improve our own health and the health of the world.
By fully embracing health at the heart of our culture we are able to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Below are a list of values that we use to drive everything we do at RunKeeper:
Users come first.
The first question we should ask ourselves when evaluating any course of action is, how does it affect our users?
Done is better than perfect.
While we take great pride in our work and have a tendency to want things to be perfect, it is important to fight through that tendency, move quickly, and receive continuous feedback and learning as we go.
We have a huge vision and lots of work in front of us, and there are a lot of people who doubt us and tell us it can't be done or that it can't be us. In order to make sure that it is and will be, each one of us needs to be relentless in all that we do.
No matter how much success we achieve along the way, it is important that we stay humble and remember where we've come from.
Smarts and hard work are important, but they are nothing if we don't work together as a team.
It is essential that we create an environment where it is OK to take risks.
Trust is everything.
Trust takes years to establish and seconds to destroy, and this trust is paramount to all that we do.
Give RunKeeper a hand in discovering and solving one of life's biggest human and design problems: Motivation. You can help millions maybe even billions (someday) of real people close the gap between action and intent and seriously make a difference in their lives and health. This is hacking human behavior at its finest!
Not only that, but you'll be superglued to a team of engineers, product managers, biz devs, and visual designers to create experiences that not only our users love, but also that big brands want to partner with us to bring to life! (it's a two way street on this team).
Where you'd fit in
You'd be one of 3 UX designers on our small but focused UX team, and work on a cross-functional "Brand" scrum team. You'd be reporting to the Director of User Experience. The UX team at RunKeeper is part of our Product Org along with our Product Management and Data teams.
What you're responsible for
Solve real problems in a way that customers love and use and brands value. Thats your one job.
- Work danger close with a Product Manager to define customer/brand "Problems"
- Work danger close with Engineers and Viz. Designers to create a "Solution" to those problems
- Work with Biz Dev to help define concepts brands love while maintaining focus on solving the real problems users have
- Work with Brands directly to understand their pain and work concepts and ideas through the process collaboratively
- Sketch & prototype those new experiences with just enough documentation. Wireframes need not apply
- Run customer interviews and observational studies to understand the problem up front
- Design and moderate (mostly formative) in person usability testing to make sure the product works
- Work the solution after shipping until we get it right
- Get all of this done in a pretty well functioning Agile environment
- Help to grow the competencies of the UX team by introducing new processes and methodologies
Skills that pay the bills
- 5-8 years as an UX or Interaction designer; consumer product is a plus
- At least 3 years working on a mobile-centric product
- A portfolio of work that shows you've solved some pretty hard problems for real people.
- MS or some relevant education in HCI or Human Factors is a big plus
- Previous work at an Agency or other area where Client Management skills were needed is a big plus (This is the Brand team after all)
- Sees the entire world through a "customer problem" point of view
- Hold your own within a group of smart and eager engineers and product managers
- Knows that shipping is still just the start of the process; ready to iterate and validate until we get it right.
- Super comfortable designing tight and simple experiences for iOS and Android
What's the team like?
You'll fit right in if you:
- Communicate best with animated gifs
- Like to argue about types of beer
- Like to reminisce about your favorite X-Files episodes
- Read all the UX and product blogs you possibly can every day
- Download a million apps you only use once just to see how "they did it"
What's up with RunKeeper?
RunKeeper helps more than 40 million people around the world experience the joys of running and is on a mission to build the next great consumer brand.
Give us a call
Email Drew Condon to apply. Please point us to some example UX work, the lower-fi the better. It's the thought that counts!
RunKeeper helps more than 40 million people around the world experience the joys of running and is on a mission to build the next great consumer brand. We are looking for a scrappy, analytical digital marketer to join RunKeeper's growing marketing team. You will be responsible for managing RunKeeper's online user acquisition and engagement strategy, and optimizing RunKeeper web, blog, email, and social channels to maximize conversion to our paid Elite offering.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing campaigns to drive user acquisition, re-engagement and conversion, based on analysis of customer behavior and app trends
- Leading content strategy for RunKeeper's web, blog, and email channels to increase traffic and conversions to RunKeeper Elite
- Working with RunKeeper data, product, and community teams to identify impactful community stories for all channels
- Working with RunKeeper product team and other stakeholders to develop in-app communication strategy
- Measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns, with the purpose of improving resource allocation, efficiency, and revenue generation.
Who you are
- You're highly analytical, obsessed with measuring, A/B testing, and doing it again
- You've got excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills
- You're no stranger to SEO and optimizing content for maximum reach and conversion
- Or managing email drip/re-engagement campaigns
- Google Analytics is your jam
- You've got a passion for running and producing engaging content for the running community
- Wouldn't hurt if you've dabbled around with App Store optimization before
Interested? Contact Erin Glabets with a resume and a pitch on why you're a great fit.
Are you a Software Engineer that wants to join a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, self-starters? Do you want to work for a mission driven Boston based mobile startup? At RunKeeper we all share a vision to make the world healthier by turning your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation. You will be working on the development of key functionality and infrastructure across the entire RunKeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration.
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Writing solid, well-documented code, and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Learn fast and not be afraid to tackle new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys taking projects from inception to completion