Making the world healthier,
one workout at a time.
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your runs, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile!
Do you want in?Check out current openings
We don't have ping-pong, foosball, slides or on-site physicians. We also don't have much bureaucracy, red tape or busy work. We're driven by our mission of making the world a healthier place, and we'll give you flexibility, freedom, autonomy, and ownership of your role. That's all in addition to our ever-growing benefits package.
And don't worry, we have plenty of fun in the process, between our impromptu stretching sessions, regular company- and team-wide fun outings, and general office awesomeness.Check out current openings
In one form or another we're all directly or indirectly excited (obsessed even) about health at RunKeeper. With health at the heart of our culture at RunKeeper, there's a lot that can be done to formally extend that into our culture.
We build a product that aims to make the the world a healthier place. We have a unique advantage as a company; many of us are just like our users. We are active runners, cyclists, walkers, hikers, swimmers and even martial artists. We combine these interests with the interest in building a product that helps improve our own health and the health of the world.
By fully embracing health at the heart of our culture we are able to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Below are a list of values that we use to drive everything we do at RunKeeper:
Users come first.
The first question we should ask ourselves when evaluating any course of action is, how does it affect our users?
Done is better than perfect.
While we take great pride in our work and have a tendency to want things to be perfect, it is important to fight through that tendency, move quickly, and receive continuous feedback and learning as we go.
We have a huge vision and lots of work in front of us, and there are a lot of people who doubt us and tell us it can't be done or that it can't be us. In order to make sure that it is and will be, each one of us needs to be relentless in all that we do.
No matter how much success we achieve along the way, it is important that we stay humble and remember where we've come from.
Smarts and hard work are important, but they are nothing if we don't work together as a team.
It is essential that we create an environment where it is OK to take risks.
Trust is everything.
Trust takes years to establish and seconds to destroy, and this trust is paramount to all that we do.
Are you determined to find answers in data no matter where the data is? Are you able to clearly present results to business leaders? We have a mountain of data from more than 25M global users tracking their health and fitness activities over the past 5 years. RunKeeper is looking for a great data analyst to help us use these data to drive better business decisions and help our users achieve their fitness goals.
- Answer the question "how are we doing" on revenue, growth, user acquisition, and other key metrics every day and put data at the center of our decision making
- Define and build dashboards and data reports for marketing, product management and executive staff
- Use advanced analytical tools to present user behavior, feature results, and other data analysis and help create clear, concise and visually appealing stories
- 2+ years experience analyzing consumer data
- Expert in SQL, Excel, Powerpoint and a bonus if you have experience with Tableau
- Experience with advanced visualization and data tools such as SAS, SPSS, STATA, or R would also be a bonus
Are you interested in architecting and scaling services that support millions of active users around the globe? RunKeeper is looking to hire an experienced DevOps Engineer with a strong passion and talent for hands-on systems and software engineering. You will architect and implement solutions across all aspects of our systems infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, high-performance and stability of the entire infrastructure.
- Collaborate with lead DevOps Engineer, Platform Team and developers to tackle the high scalability challenges that come with rapid growth
- Actively monitor the stability and performance of the server infrastructure (dedicated & cloud)
- Ensure that the infrastructure and applications are stable and resilient
- Automate everything that should be automated () in the infrastructure
- Implement infrastructure that enables rapid development and releases
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Solid experience with Java web-app development, hosting (Tomcat) and load-balancing (haproxy)
- Very strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Experience with infrastructure automation techniques and tools (Puppet)
- Expertise with database hosting (Postgres/MySQL), scaling, performance tuning, and caching (Memcached, Redis)
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: Ability to fix just about anything
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, and our goal is to change the world of health and fitness. With an ever expanding global user base of 25M fitness enthusiasts, we need a creative and scrappy PR Manager to tell our story to the world. We are not talking about tech blogs, but the nearly 7B on Earth that haven't heard about us yet. There are nuggets of gold within our content and we have a game changing opportunity for the right PR professional.
- Work with our content, community, data and product teams to find interesting stories and tell them to the world
- Be creative, take risks and think beyond the tech world to tell our story
- Turn over rocks and nurture relationships within the media in a meaningful and authentic way
- PR is your profession and you must own the role at RunKeeper
- Be scrappy and have a hustler mentality
- Mix of agency and corporate experience in public relations is a plus
Do you want to work for the most successful consumer mobile company in Boston? With 25M global users, RunKeeper is transforming your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for an analytical and data driven Product Manager to join a product-driven team for a world changing opportunity.
- Act as the product lead for a team of 5-6 engineers and designers
- Analyze and report on feature results, growth, revenue, and other core product metrics
- Help define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- A passion for great products that solve hard problems with elegant, simple solutions
- BS or equivalent, ideally in a technical or analytical field
- 1-3+ years of experience in product management
- Analytical and data-driven mindset, comfortable with Excel, SQL, A/B testing, basic statistics
Are you a QA engineer who wants to work on an agile mobile/web software development team for the top health & fitness startup in Boston? If so, there's a home for you at RunKeeper! You will play a crucial role in the testing of our mobile apps, website, and APIs, enabling us swiftly roll out high-quality product features to millions of users around the globe.
- Perform functional testing of many new awesome RunKeeper features across iOS. Android and the web to support a fast-paced release schedule
- Work closely with QA, engineers, product and program managers to assist in the design and execution of software testing strategies within an agile "push it!" team culture
- Gauge and implement the appropriate amount of test coverage across all RunKeeper platforms
- Keep up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques for maintaining high quality products in an agile and continuous deployment world
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of QA experience
- Understanding of functional, regression and user-interface testing
Are you a Software Engineer that wants to join a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, self-starters? Do you want to work for a mission driven Boston based mobile startup? At RunKeeper we all share a vision to make the world healthier by turning your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation. You will be working on the development of key functionality and infrastructure across the entire RunKeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration.
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Writing solid, well-documented code, and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Learn fast and not be afraid to tackle new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys taking projects from inception to completion
RunKeeper turns the smartphone into a personal trainer in your pocket. With a global community of more than 23M users, our growth to date has been organic. RunKeeper is well positioned to emerge as the open health platform that ties all of this disparate health and fitness data together. We need to get more sophisticated with our branding, communications, PR, community-building and user acquisition efforts. We are looking for a VP of Marketing who can build out and lead a function that is part product marketer, part storyteller, part community-builder, and part user acquisition machine.
- Create a marketing plan and strategy and determine which aspects to invest in and how heavily
- Lead the branding/positioning efforts around our core product and broader company
- Lead community-building efforts, through social media, blogging, and other global/local campaigns in the digital and physical worlds
- Spearhead all external communications efforts, including app store relations, media relations, product launches, speaking engagements, and other initiatives to increase our visibility and build our brand
- Evaluate various user acquisition channels to determine which ones are most effective and implement a plan
- Proven leadership experience in a marketing role within a high-growth consumer technology startup
- Attention to detail, and experience leading branding/positioning efforts, managing communications functions, creating content, and managing various forms of user acquisition
- Creativity and entrepreneurship to define creative ways to increase brand awareness and thought leadership
Interested? Let us know