Making the world healthier,
one workout at a time.
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your runs, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile!
Do you want in?Check out current openings
We don't have ping-pong, foosball, slides or on-site physicians. We also don't have much bureaucracy, red tape or busy work. We're driven by our mission of making the world a healthier place, and we'll give you flexibility, freedom, autonomy, and ownership of your role. That's all in addition to our ever-growing benefits package.
And don't worry, we have plenty of fun in the process, between our impromptu stretching sessions, regular company- and team-wide fun outings, and general office awesomeness.Check out current openings
In one form or another we're all directly or indirectly excited (obsessed even) about health at RunKeeper. With health at the heart of our culture at RunKeeper, there's a lot that can be done to formally extend that into our culture.
We build a product that aims to make the the world a healthier place. We have a unique advantage as a company; many of us are just like our users. We are active runners, cyclists, walkers, hikers, swimmers and even martial artists. We combine these interests with the interest in building a product that helps improve our own health and the health of the world.
By fully embracing health at the heart of our culture we are able to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Below are a list of values that we use to drive everything we do at RunKeeper:
Users come first.
The first question we should ask ourselves when evaluating any course of action is, how does it affect our users?
Done is better than perfect.
While we take great pride in our work and have a tendency to want things to be perfect, it is important to fight through that tendency, move quickly, and receive continuous feedback and learning as we go.
We have a huge vision and lots of work in front of us, and there are a lot of people who doubt us and tell us it can't be done or that it can't be us. In order to make sure that it is and will be, each one of us needs to be relentless in all that we do.
No matter how much success we achieve along the way, it is important that we stay humble and remember where we've come from.
Smarts and hard work are important, but they are nothing if we don't work together as a team.
It is essential that we create an environment where it is OK to take risks.
Trust is everything.
Trust takes years to establish and seconds to destroy, and this trust is paramount to all that we do.
Do you want to help support our global community of almost 30 million fitness enthusiasts? You will join our growing Support Team to practice our first and most important core value: users come first. We welcome someone looking for the challenge of delighting as many users as possible, and oh by the way, working for one of Boston's hottest mobile startups.
- Communicating with our user base and helping them resolve issues
- Be an advocate for our user needs to our product team
- Contributing to our Help Center to enable our users the tools needed to succeed
- Assist in making the support team and RunKeeper as kickass as possible
- Tech savvy problem solver, who is familiar with mobile/web technologies
- Strong communication skills and thick skin
- RunKeeper user is highly desired
- Must be an awesome person who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done
For the past 5 years, RunKeeper has grown to nearly 30 million total users by building the best fitness app on the market. We are looking for an analytical and creative growth leader focused on discovering what brings us to the next 300 million people world-wide.
This is a hands-on, cross-discipline position with tons of opportunity for the right person. From building great co-marketing campaigns with key partners to identifying and testing the magic moments in our product that drive increases in retention and engagement, you will be the owner for growth across all dimensions. As your team proves results, you will grow to be one of the most important senior people in our company.
- Wake up in the morning and check the numbers before brushing your teeth. Take total ownership of defining and achieving key growth metrics and goals
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities across all available channels
- Own the roadmap for a multi-disciplinary growth team that includes developers, designers, and marketers
- Define, run, analyze and present results from A/B tests on mobile apps, marketing channels, web, and email
- Own the budget and execution for acquisition marketing
- Proven results and experience leading a team to drive significant growth in a consumer web or mobile product.
- Expert in one major growth area (viral, paid acquisition, search, social, partnership, etc) and familiarity in the others
- A highly analytical mindset - you start with instincts and prove with data
- Expert in Excel. Basic understanding of SQL. Comfort with numpy, pandas, R, or other statistical programming toolkits preferred
- Deep understanding of the stages of the mobile user lifecycle (activation, acquisition, retention, referral, and revenue) and how different channels affect them
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, and our goal is to change the world of health and fitness. With an ever expanding global user base of nearly 30M fitness enthusiasts, we need a creative and scrappy PR Manager to tell our story to the world. We are not talking about tech blogs, but the nearly 7B on Earth that haven't heard about us yet. There are nuggets of gold within our content and we have a game changing opportunity for the right PR professional.
- Work with our content, community, data and product teams to find interesting stories and tell them to the world
- Be creative, take risks and think beyond the tech world to tell our story
- Turn over rocks and nurture relationships within the media in a meaningful and authentic way
- PR is your profession and you must own the role at RunKeeper
- Be scrappy and have a hustler mentality
- Mix of agency and corporate experience in public relations is a plus
Are you a Software Engineer that wants to join a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, self-starters? Do you want to work for a mission driven Boston based mobile startup? At RunKeeper we all share a vision to make the world healthier by turning your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation. You will be working on the development of key functionality and infrastructure across the entire RunKeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration.
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Writing solid, well-documented code, and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Learn fast and not be afraid to tackle new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys taking projects from inception to completion
Passionate prototyper? Wicked Wireframer? Ridiculously radical user researcher? Annoyed with aggressive alliteration? Then what do we have for them, Larry?
It's... A NEW JOB! ':,':,':,':,':,';, (confetti) ':,':,':,':,':,':,
....You're still reading? Ok great then let's talk specifics. We're looking for UX designers that understand the needs of supporting fast-paced mobile development teams in an agile environment, who are squarely focused on solving real user problems in the most simple and elegant ways possible. At RunKeeper, UX designers work closely with the PMs to understand the problems and opportunities we have, and work together to define how our product gets built. Once there, you will work with a visual designer who will turn those ideas into final visuals for the team to build, so your focus can be squarely on prototypes or wireframes if necessary (though having some visual design chops is a definite plus). UX designers also administer usability tests with real users in an in-house usability lab, and conduct user interviews by phone at least once a month so that they can stay connected to real users and make sure we are learning and validating our product as much as possible. At RunKeeper we believe great UX is everyone's responsibility, and in addition to the core responsibilities above you are expected to help the team at large know as much about the user and their needs as possible to help everyone make informed decisions at all times.
- Create prototypes (or wireframes) for product design work
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify opportunities and create elegant solutions that help the team meet their goals
- Administer usability tests every 2 weeks, conduct user interviews at least once a month
- Be able to communicate reasoning behind design decisions and requirements to team members
- 2-3 years of experience in mobile UX design
- Understands and thrives in an agile UX environment
- Comfortable using data and analysis to solve design problems
- Interest in administering usability tests and conducting user interviews
- Desire to be proactive, solve real problems, and go above and beyond to inspire teammates to do so in the best way possible
Interested? Let us know
RunKeeper turns the smartphone into a personal trainer in your pocket. With a global community of nearly 30M users, our growth to date has been organic. RunKeeper is well positioned to emerge as the open health platform that ties all of this disparate health and fitness data together. We need to get more sophisticated with our branding, communications, PR, community-building and user acquisition efforts. We are looking for a VP of Marketing who can build out and lead a function that is part product marketer, part storyteller, part community-builder, and part user acquisition machine.
- Create a marketing plan and strategy and determine which aspects to invest in and how heavily
- Lead the branding/positioning efforts around our core product and broader company
- Lead community-building efforts, through social media, blogging, and other global/local campaigns in the digital and physical worlds
- Spearhead all external communications efforts, including app store relations, media relations, product launches, speaking engagements, and other initiatives to increase our visibility and build our brand
- Evaluate various user acquisition channels to determine which ones are most effective and implement a plan
- Proven leadership experience in a marketing role within a high-growth consumer technology startup
- Attention to detail, and experience leading branding/positioning efforts, managing communications functions, creating content, and managing various forms of user acquisition
- Creativity and entrepreneurship to define creative ways to increase brand awareness and thought leadership
Interested? Let us know