Making the world healthier,
one workout at a time.
RunKeeper transforms your phone into a personal trainer, helping you track your runs, set your goals, and stay motivated to go that extra mile!
Do you want in?Check out current openings
We don't have ping-pong, foosball, slides or on-site physicians. We also don't have much bureaucracy, red tape or busy work. We're driven by our mission of making the world a healthier place, and we'll give you flexibility, freedom, autonomy, and ownership of your role. That's all in addition to our ever-growing benefits package.
And don't worry, we have plenty of fun in the process, between our impromptu stretching sessions, regular company- and team-wide fun outings, and general office awesomeness.Check out current openings
In one form or another we're all directly or indirectly excited (obsessed even) about health at RunKeeper. With health at the heart of our culture at RunKeeper, there's a lot that can be done to formally extend that into our culture.
We build a product that aims to make the the world a healthier place. We have a unique advantage as a company; many of us are just like our users. We are active runners, cyclists, walkers, hikers, swimmers and even martial artists. We combine these interests with the interest in building a product that helps improve our own health and the health of the world.
By fully embracing health at the heart of our culture we are able to walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Below are a list of values that we use to drive everything we do at RunKeeper:
Users come first.
The first question we should ask ourselves when evaluating any course of action is, how does it affect our users?
Done is better than perfect.
While we take great pride in our work and have a tendency to want things to be perfect, it is important to fight through that tendency, move quickly, and receive continuous feedback and learning as we go.
We have a huge vision and lots of work in front of us, and there are a lot of people who doubt us and tell us it can't be done or that it can't be us. In order to make sure that it is and will be, each one of us needs to be relentless in all that we do.
No matter how much success we achieve along the way, it is important that we stay humble and remember where we've come from.
Smarts and hard work are important, but they are nothing if we don't work together as a team.
It is essential that we create an environment where it is OK to take risks.
Trust is everything.
Trust takes years to establish and seconds to destroy, and this trust is paramount to all that we do.
For the past 5 years, RunKeeper has grown to nearly 30 million total users by building the best fitness app on the market. We are looking for an analytical and creative growth leader focused on discovering what brings us to the next 300 million people world-wide.
This is a hands-on, cross-discipline position with tons of opportunity for the right person. From building great co-marketing campaigns with key partners to identifying and testing the magic moments in our product that drive increases in retention and engagement, you will be the owner for growth across all dimensions. As your team proves results, you will grow to be one of the most important senior people in our company.
- Wake up in the morning and check the numbers before brushing your teeth. Take total ownership of defining and achieving key growth metrics and goals
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities across all available channels
- Own the roadmap for a multi-disciplinary growth team that includes developers, designers, and marketers
- Define, run, analyze and present results from A/B tests on mobile apps, marketing channels, web, and email
- Own the budget and execution for acquisition marketing
- Proven results and experience leading a team to drive significant growth in a consumer web or mobile product.
- Expert in one major growth area (viral, paid acquisition, search, social, partnership, etc) and familiarity in the others
- A highly analytical mindset - you start with instincts and prove with data
- Expert in Excel. Basic understanding of SQL. Comfort with numpy, pandas, R, or other statistical programming toolkits preferred
- Deep understanding of the stages of the mobile user lifecycle (activation, acquisition, retention, referral, and revenue) and how different channels affect them
Are you a Software Engineer that wants to join a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, self-starters? Do you want to work for a mission driven Boston based mobile startup? At RunKeeper we all share a vision to make the world healthier by turning your smartphone into a personal trainer. We are looking for a senior software engineer to lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation. You will be working on the development of key functionality and infrastructure across the entire RunKeeper system in areas such as fitness tracking, coaching, social features, analytics and device integration.
- Hands-on development for iOS and Android
- Hands-on development of Java-based web applications
- Writing solid, well-documented code, and rooting out hard-to-find issues to ensure quality
- Learn fast and not be afraid to tackle new technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who enjoys taking projects from inception to completion